Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's so funny it's going to make me pea

So a little birdie told me that if you inhale a pea into your lungs it can actually sprout into a pea plant!

I was like "yeah right. that's gotta be fake!.....right?"

Then I found these case:

It happened to 75-year-old Ron Sveden, who had a half-inch-long sprout removed from his lung, which was first reported by a 20-year-old news intern at the Cape Cod Times on August 8.“I was told that I had a pea seed in my lung that had split and had sprouted.”

and I was like "WHAT?!"

because the information isn't just on some random website that took ages to find. instead it was really easy to find because it was all over BBC news .com and CNN . com and crap like that.

So what happened to Sveden?

Ron Sveden had been battling emphysema for months when his condition deteriorated.

He was steeling himself for a cancer diagnosis when X-rays revealed the growth in his lung.

Doctors believe that Mr Sveden ate the pea at some point, but it "went down the wrong way" and sprouted.

"One of the first meals I had in the hospital after the surgery had peas for the vegetable. I laughed to myself and ate them," Mr Sveden told a local Boston TV reporter.

Mr Sveden said the plant was about half an inch (1.25cm) in size.

"Whether this would have gone full-term and I'd be working for the Jolly Green Giant, I don't know. I think the thing that finally dawned on me is that it wasn't the cancer," Mr Sveden said.

So...

in this case Sveden took the saying "you are what you eat" and turned it into "you are what you inhale"


No comments:

Post a Comment